Sunday, March 7, 2010

Webcomickery


This is a test panel for a webcomic I'd like to do. The comic would include the following:

- robots
- monsters
- ridiculously oversized weapons
- ninja
- samurai
- energy beams of some kind
- hovercycles
- some kind of futuristic order of badass monks
- a structured mathematical system by which power can be measured
- a heroic kid
- power suits

..and more badassery that I can't come up with right now.

None of that is a joke. I'm including everything I thought was cool when I was 13, most of which are guilty pleasures that I still enjoy today. I'll do my best to make a cohesive story out of it.

I would have included floating islands, but James Cameron has made me nauseous at the thought.

6 comments:

Camilo said...

I was about to say...what would you NOT include. I look forward to seeing this when it's all put together.

Jerald Lewis II said...

NICE

Ryan Yee said...

I am really digginn this!!! Can't wait for you to explore the visual style of this world!

bbot said...

Delightful, another plotless, pointless, webcomic.

Danny Araya said...

Camilo, Jerald, Ryan - Thanks!

bbot - Oh there will be a plot, I'm not sure how you jumped to the conclusion that there wouldn't be. As for the point? The point is for me to have fun drawing all the silly things that I loved about comics and animation when I was a kid. It won't be satirical but it'll definitely be a little tongue-in-cheek. If that's not something you'd enjoy, that's fine. Just don't read it. But your sarcasm is uncalled for and a bit childish.

Jav said...

bwahaha! Thats an excellent list. Very similar to what I would love to do in a web comic, except I would also go with "Power Sluts"... yeah, definitely "Power Sluts"